Monday, May 18, 2009

Salad: Do-it-yourself or Pre-made?


So today was grocery shopping day.

John Deans, David Womble, and I went to Food Lion this morning to buy our personal food items. The boys applied for their MVP cards, but I didn't really see the point of buying one since they always let you borrow one. So I didn't apply for one. I guess the Food Lion trip wasn't that exciting.

But Walmart was.....

So we spent almost two hours in the supercenter buying numerous types of fruit (even a watermelon!), lunch meat, random snacks, juice, breakfast necessities, a DVD player, and a toaster. Also, the ingredients for tonight's and tomorrow's dinner were also purchased. This is where the controversy started. So....some people discussed using the pre-made in a bag for our dinners because they thought it may be cheaper and more convenient than buying the big head of lettuce and all of the toppings on the side. I guess it doesn't sound like such a big deal but apparently some people had very strong feelings about which version they preferred. Anyways!!! We decided that the two people making dinner each night could decided on which salad version they preferred and we will come up with a budget for all future dinners. See? We know how to compromise! :)

Some people also got library cards today (one of the items on our scavenger hunt of Marion). Hopefully I will be able to get mine tomorrow. We also visited the wellness center at the hospital to get our applications for membership.

Dinner was FABULOUS this evening! Alice and Khadijah made some delicious spaghetti and salad for our first dinner at home. What a success! I also rediscovered my love for milk at dinner this evening. I rarely drink milk straight out of the glass, but this evening I drank a glass with half 2% and half skim and let me tell you....it was absolutely DELICIOUS!!!! I guess I forgot how much I really like milk. Anyways...dinner was overall very pleasant and enjoyable.

After dinner, we watched Diary of a Mad Black Woman together, and it would have been a great time except for John Luttrell (and David Womble at the VERY END!!!) making certain comments during the film that seemed to just ruin the moment. I'll admit some of the comments were quite funny, but I wish those who had not seen the movie before could have enjoyed it without so much interruption. Thanks a lot John!! (jk!)

Tomorrow is our first day at work! I drove to the Center for the Child this morning and it was pretty easy to find. I'm really excited about seeing the inside of the facility, meeting Dr. Hester and Bunchie, seeing the kids, and finding out more about exactly what my job will entail. It should be a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment